[Owasp-leaders] Thinking out Loud: Evaluating Talent

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sat Nov 7 07:12:08 EST 2009

Hi,

We have been talking about this for some months now within the Education
Committee.
ISC2 even approached us with a very concrete proposal to set up a
certification (besides CSSLP), but we do not want to set up one 'exclusive'
certification scheme.

Therefore we came up with the idea to have an OWASP 'certification
framework' where we define the criteria and potential 'body if knowledge'
for 3rd party organisations to certify developers and other actors in the
SDLC.

This certification framework is one point we want to discuss with you during
the upcoming GEC workshop at the DC Summit
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2009

<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Summit_2009>regards

Seba