[Owasp-leaders] Question on ISACA

ludovic petit ludovic.petit at owasp.org
Thu Nov 5 04:59:50 EST 2009

Futher to what James' said, *"one of the observations is that IT auditors
have zero clue as to how to audit a secure coding practice"*, my view is
that in such a case, IT auditors involved in such an audit must have a
coding background for a quite simple reason: how can they expect to
understand a coding practice approach, specially a secure one, if they do
not have any clue of the necessary context of synthesys to do so?
So in that sense, evidence of developer training might be a good start.
However, we need to help auditors AND managers understand the non-technical
things, and I think that this could be possible through a document
explaining why a secure coding practice is needed and if not done, what are
the real impacts (technical, but more important... business-related, legal)
for a company and its Executives as well.
We (Owasp France staff) have created a document in France for Managers,
explaining (from a high level approach) why it's important to secure
WebApps... with a focus about Legal and the OWASP Secure Software Contract
Annex. (
http://www.clusif.fr/fr/production/ouvrages/pdf/CLUSIF-2009-Securite-des-applications-Web.pdf
)

--