[Owasp-leaders] SAMM 1.0 released (and an OWASP project is born)

Jim Manico jim.manico at aspectsecurity.com
Thu Mar 26 07:19:28 EDT 2009

Done.

http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http://www.owasp.org/download/jmanico/podcast.xml

-----Original Message-----
From: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Tom Brennan - OWASP
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:11 AM
To: Owasp-Leaders at Lists.Owasp
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] SAMM 1.0 released (and an OWASP project is born)

Jim,

Keep them all - new people want to download the series and the speakers will want that long time exposure of what they said on the record.

To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

Hi Jim,

Wanted to ask you for a long time, but kept forgetting. Where is podcast Nr. 1? ;-)
Can't find it on the list.

Anyhow, great job you are doing!

Cheers,

Martin

To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

Hi Pravir,
that's great!

Tomorrow I'll promote your project at ISACA Rome:
http://www.isacaroma.it/html/GiornateDiStudio.html

and next week at the PCI Portal event:
http://www.pci-portal.com/lang-it/events/event-info/pcimilan/summary

Thanks!
Mat

2009/3/25 Pravir Chandra <chandra at owasp.org>:
> Hey Everyone.
>
> I've mentioned it before, but today I'm proud to announce that the
> Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM) version 1.0 has been released
> and is freely available for download from http://www.opensamm.org
>
> SAMM is an open framework to help organizations formulate and
> implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the
> specific risks facing the organization. The resources provided by SAMM
> will aid in:
>
> * Evaluating an organization's existing software security practices
> * Building a balanced software security program in well-defined iterations
> * Demonstrating concrete improvements to a security assurance program
> * Defining and measuring security-related activities within an organization
>
> SAMM was defined with flexibility in mind such that it can be utilized
> by small, medium, and large organizations using any style of
> development. Additionally, this model can be applied
> organization-wide, for a single line-of-business, or even for an
> individual project.
>
> As an open project, SAMM content shall always remain vendor-neutral
> and freely available for all to use. The project has received a huge
> amount of attention and is keeping me busy, but I'm always open to
> more feedback and supporters.
>
> Thanks!
>
> p.

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.