[Owasp-leaders] Who knows about CISSE?

Andrea Cogliati andrea.cogliati at owasp.org
Wed Mar 25 09:44:45 EDT 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:14 PM, James Walden wrote:

> Around half the attendees of the web application security workshop I
> give at that conference are surprised at the existence of flaws like
> SQL injection or XSS.  Most of attendees teach at universities which
> have zero or one security classes and their web textbooks say little
> or nothing about security issues.

Here in Rochester, NY we've been trying to reach out to the 2 local
universities, University of Rochester and Rochester Institute of
Technology, with little if no success. We had more luck with ISSA:
apparently, Information Security is important for them, but their
awareness on Software Security is still very low.

I'm wondering if you, James (or anybody else, for that matter), have
any personal contact at either UoR or RIT that we can leverage to make
this happens.

Andrea