[Owasp-leaders] FW: [SC-L] Silver Bullet: McGovern interviews McGraw

Jim Manico jim.manico at aspectsecurity.com
Thu Mar 19 15:33:53 EDT 2009

> Gary's opinion on OWASP is fascinating...

What, that we (and all of FOSS) are communists (implying that we stifle
innovation?) I found Gary's OWASP comments to be insulting, demeaning
and radically off base. He seems to use his popularity to constantly
undermine our organization and core mission of providing free tools to
the appsec community. Some of his comments include, "OWASP emphasizes
web applications way too much (?).... just a bunch of consultants.... I
like to use OWASP as a distribution channel for Cigital.... "

I don't want to feed him overly much; but he is basically a OWASP Troll
in my eyes.

But James, your enterprise questions are great (oh yes I did save them
all) and I already started integrating them into OWASP interviews after
#12. I'm also very eager to get you on the series, I have a lot of open
slots for April! =)

- Jim