[Owasp-leaders] FW: REQUESTFOR DECISION/CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO UPDATE THE ASSESSMENTCRITERIA

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Thu Mar 12 09:01:39 EDT 2009

Matt Tesauro wrote:
> Buanzo, my friend, this is exactly why we've posted this to the list.
> ...  And even though I'm familiar with your project (and think its very
> cool), I'd not considered the misfit between your project and the
> criteria.  This is exactly the type of feedback needed.  Perhaps your
> project is better assessed under the documentation criteria.  Perhaps
> another category is required beyond tool and documentation.

I realise this discussion is primarily concerned with projects and
tools, but as Buanzo has raised, there may be other types of
contribution, like research, that don't fit into the strict criteria.
Other examples could include anything from press releases,
presentations, official responses, official letters, and outputs from
the board, working groups and committees.

Whilst it does seem to make sense that Buanzo's work is called a
project, there may be other project-like activities going on, which
may need some QUALITY review in the future.  It might be good if any
Non-Tool-Non-Documentation assessment criteria are as generic as
possible, so we can perhaps use them for other, perhaps as yet
unidentified, misfits (things not people!). But of course, without
being overly bureaucratic.  Perhaps as GUIDANCE, rather than being
mandatory?

Colin