[Owasp-leaders] Proposed site for the Spring 2010 OWASP Global Summit

Eduardo V. C. Neves eduardo.neves at owasp.org
Wed Mar 11 22:02:54 EDT 2009

Hello,

Will be a great pleasure to help on that, especially after the great
experience from the OWASP CPLP during 2009. Kate, which are the next
steps? I am pretty sure that my self, Lucas, Wagner and Leo will work
to move forward on this as all of us are working a lot to make OWASP
more visible and active in Brazil.

I was checking the messages and want to clarify some points:

Language:
The OWASP CPLP will be hosted in Brazil and used to join people from
Brazil, Portugal and other countries where Portuguese is the main
language. The reason is simple, IT Security needs to be more visible
in those countries and the language is a great tool to send the same
message to several communities.

However we intend to use simultaneous translation if the number of non-
Portuguese speakers is enough to justify this cost. I hope that
several guys from other countries will be able to join us, specially
because we will avoid an exotic location to allow some companies to
sponsor their employees. :-)

Venue:
Today is the deadline for the venue location and since I did not
received a positive response from my colleagues on Sao Paulo, Brasilia
and Recife, I will work to make it happen in my city, Curitiba. Some
of you will fell at home here, specially if you are italian, german,
polish, ukrainian or russian. Take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curitiba
.

Hope to share more details and concrete information in a very near
future.

Regards,

en