[Owasp-leaders] Proposed site for the Spring 2010 OWASP Global Summit

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Mar 11 11:37:27 EDT 2009

Incidentally, I should clarify that I personally would be all for a location
change even sooner than 2011 :-)

I was just repeating what was said at the Summit for the benefit of those
that weren't there.

If someone's willing to take the lead on the effort of doing all the
research to make another venue work and working with the Board and
Conferences Committee, more power to them! But unless we have someone
willing to take up that effort, I imagine they will fall back to Portugal
for 2010 at least.
--
-Jason Li-
-jason.li at owasp.org-

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org> wrote:

> I for one used half my green dots on Brazil, so that may have skewed the
> voting a little bit... ;-)
>
> I believe we established at the Summit that yes, we should explore other
> venues. But for 2010, logistically, it takes a great deal of planning
> (upwards of a year) to put together something like the Summit. Unlike a
> normal OWASP Conference, we have to also take into account arranging
> transport for attendees and if/how costs will be covered for those
> attendees.
>
> As a result (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), I think the
> conclusion was that since we already have established a working model for
> this venue in Portugal, it would make sense to use it again in 2010. With
> the additional lead time that gives us for 2011, the newly formed
> Conferences Committee can explore other venues for future Summits.
>
> So let me be the first to prod the committee into choosing Brazil for OWASP
> Summit 2011!
>
> --
> -Jason Li-
> -jason.li at owasp.org-
>

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:
>
>> Sure there are major cities outside the US also :)
>> Like London, Dublin, Paris, Zurich & Rome.
>>
>> 2009/3/11 McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) <James.McGovern at thehartford.com>
>>
>>  Can we agree to requirements around the location such as:
>>>
>>> 1. Should have direct flights from major cities such as NYC and Chicago
>>> 2. Must be reachable within 1/2 hour from airport
>>> 3. Free wifi