[Owasp-leaders] Proposed site for the Spring 2010 OWASP Global Summit

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Mar 11 11:15:29 EDT 2009

I for one used half my green dots on Brazil, so that may have skewed the
voting a little bit... ;-)

I believe we established at the Summit that yes, we should explore other
venues. But for 2010, logistically, it takes a great deal of planning
(upwards of a year) to put together something like the Summit. Unlike a
normal OWASP Conference, we have to also take into account arranging
transport for attendees and if/how costs will be covered for those
attendees.

As a result (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), I think the
conclusion was that since we already have established a working model for
this venue in Portugal, it would make sense to use it again in 2010. With
the additional lead time that gives us for 2011, the newly formed
Conferences Committee can explore other venues for future Summits.

So let me be the first to prod the committee into choosing Brazil for OWASP
Summit 2011!

--
-Jason Li-
-jason.li at owasp.org-