[Owasp-leaders] Proposed site for the Spring 2010 OWASP Global Summit
rex.booth at owasp.org
Wed Mar 11 10:13:19 EDT 2009
Well, our last location was indeed great from the perspective of hosting
the conference and the location/weather, but for what it's worth, a few
points I brought up during the Summit:
1) We are an international organization, and I think that rotating
locations around the globe helps emphasize that to the outside world.
2) Rotating locations can also help those outside of the US and Europe
to feel more included and considered.
3) Hosting the conference closer to Asia may help get better
representation from that part of the world.
3) Albufeira is a pain in the ass to get to and adds substantial travel
time for most participants - thereby increasing the level of commitment
required and likely reducing overall participation.
4) RE: the above, the location should be a major transportation hub
(would also help reduce costs).
5) From my perspective, it only seems fair to share the burdens of
travel among us over the years.
6) Brazil was the overwhelming choice of participants last year. Unless
there's a good reason to choose otherwise, the people have spoken.
Just my thoughts. I'll participate wherever it is.
Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA512
> Rex Booth wrote:
>> I thought Brazil was the forgone conclusion given that it received the
>> overwhelming majority of votes during the 08 Summit. I hope that's
>> still the case.
> I think it's gonna be Portugal. Dinis mentioned a couple of key factors. I'd love it being in Brazil
> (I live in Argentina, so... quick trip!), but I'm OK with Portugal. The Venue is GREAT and provided
> all of us with great resources (except for working hotel-room wifi, lol!).
> - --
> Arturo "Buanzo" Busleiman / Arturo Busleiman @ 4:900/107
> Independent Linux and Security Consultant - SANS - OISSG - OWASP
> Mailing List Archives at http://archiver.mailfighter.net
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
rex.booth at owasp.org
Visit us at www.owasp.org
More information about the OWASP-Leaders