[Owasp-leaders] IBM/Rational Static Analysis

Marco M. Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:39:29 EST 2009

IBM is well positioned to leverage integration with other IBM SDLC IDEs such
as Rational AD as well as to integrate with Appscan DE to provide hybrid
tools for SDLC.

Not sure that IBM strategy around SAST (Static Application Security Testing)
means making it free for two main reasons:
1) They also invested heavily in R&D on this with patented string analysis
as alternative to taint analysis (this is staff being developed at Watson
labs by Marco Pistoia & Co)
2) Several players in this field plan to offer source code analysis as a
service

Regards

Marco Morana