[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Mailing Lists

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Fri Mar 6 05:12:48 EST 2009

To Nam (hey, we are a social network :)  )
Doug, you are supposed to use the central resources when they work, are
available and do what you need them to do :)

What we don't want is for you guys to NOT do something because the OWASP
Mothership is not providing it. Remember that from a central point of view
there are a lot of issues to consider when providing an 'official service'
to our community, so ideally what we really need is for new ideas to be
created, tested, debugged, stabilized and matured at local (chapter, project
or committee) level before we deploy it globally.

Remember that EVERYTHING at OWASP is open and freely available. So as long
as you comply with our values, code of ethics and common sense, literally
anything goes :)

And you (Doug) actually said it quite nicely in this comment "...If we have
that license/freedom, I'll be curious to see what people do come up
with...." . Me too, I'm quite curious and excited to see what our community
will come up with.

And remember that you (project or chapter) have A HUGE amount of flexibility
into what you can do on your project. I do want to make this point again! We
don't want the proposed
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project_Assessment to put any
limitations on your creativity and vision for your project! (for project
leaders, remember to print a copy, read it careful and send in your
comments+solutions). Our objective is to package your goodness into
something that can be used by others :)

The best way for you to 'talk' at OWASP is by doing stuff, and you will find
that when you have something to show for, you will get attention / focus,
and when you just throw comments with no solutions, you will be ignored
(i.e. nothing will happen with those comments).

>From my experience there are only two ways to get things done at OWASP: via
Events or by Providing Energy/Work to projects/chapters.

And the good news here is that all of you in this list (owasp-leaders) is in
charge of a bit of OWASP, so if you want to make a point, use your own turf
to prove it  :)

Dinis Cruz