[Owasp-leaders] Another take on Passwords

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Fri Jan 23 16:37:26 EST 2009

Yes, Sarah Palin used easy questions as that is how Republican's think.
Seriously, I think folks need guidance on how to ask proper questions.
For example, asking what is your birthdate is a bad question where
asking a user to choose a date that is memorable to them may be better.
We need to talk more about entropy in this regard as well. For example,
if you were to ask every Architect I work with, the name of the
architect who is most painful, my name would dominate the reset tables
:-)

Other guidance may center around just semantic issues for example, did I
type: New York City, NYC, Manhattan, etc