[Owasp-leaders] CWE/SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous ProgrammingErrors

Ivan Ristic ivan.ristic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:17:12 EST 2009

For what it's worth, my contribution was telling them the XSS section
was completely wrong. (It's been significantly improved since,
influenced by one of my XSS defence posts.)

I tend to be apolitical, and will give my opinion to anyone who asks
(when I have a moment to spare, that is). About this particular
effort, I share Arian's concerns about the quality (which he expressed
in the other thread): the list shouldn't have been published in the
current form.

Having said that, however, I don't think we (OWASP) should be
defensive. The application security field is so small compared to
other areas that we need to focus on growth, rather than on
competition.

--
Ivan Ristic