[Owasp-leaders] OWASP (free) sponsorship of TheITSummitin Austin, TX

blake blake at owasp.org
Wed Jan 7 15:29:35 EST 2009

I would have felt half comfortable utilizing "poor man's materials" which
means I would have still used them.  Getting books and brochures is key in
my mind.  Especially the books.

Unfortunatly we had 3 business days worth of warning.  This would have made
it rather impossible to get the needed materials.

I really do like the idea of showing howto use tools ( scheduled on half
hour increments for example ).  Utilize the tools to "attack a company's
site", let people poak around WebGoat or detail specific types of
vulnerabilities.

As well, handing out LiveCD's could be a nice give away as well.

None the less, it would be nice to have a materials on hand in the event
that there is little warning.

-Blake

To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Austin, TX

I presented at ICCS 2009 yesterday regarding OWASP and the organizations
"free" offerings.  One of the coordinators offered OWASP a free booth for
one of the three days ( $3000 for all three days ).  Unfortunately, we had
to turn down this offer because we have no hand outs, books, chotchkeys,
banners, etc.  I hope, at least, the NY/NJ chapter can invest in said
materials in the event that OWASP receives future offers like this.

Meeting and speaking with people whom would otherwise not attend OWASP
events is very important.  Having a booth at a conference makes this easier.

-Blake
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.