[Owasp-leaders] OWASP (free) sponsorship of The IT Summit in Austin, TX

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Wed Jan 7 01:26:01 EST 2009

In most such conferences sponsorship means having a booth, and having a
booth for free sounds like a reasonable offer to me. After all it serves our
goal of extending the outreach of OWASP and preaching for Web App Sec. I
actually remember talks in OWASP conferences and leader meetings about
paying to participate in some conferences.

I personally did it with IDC at their IDC Security Road Show in Israel. We
had a table top and we gained access to people who would never have come to
an OWASP meeting, and who actually may have never heard of OWASP. I also got
a nice discount for OWASP members for attending the conference. As a matter
of fact it was I who initiated the relation and not IDC.

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf [shezaf at xiom.com, +972-54-4431119, www.xiom.com]