[Owasp-leaders] OWASP (free) sponsorship of The IT Summit in Austin, TX

Jeremy Epstein jeremy.j.epstein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:42:09 EST 2009

James, I agree with you.  FWIW, I think the policy should be that
OWASP will consider sponsoIrship/endorsement of other not-for-profit
organizations that run conferences, but should stay far away from
for-profit organizations that create and run conferences, unless
there's active involvement by OWASP.  There are a zillion of these "we
organize a conference on any topic" groups, and being associated with
them diminishes the brand value of OWASP as a neutral technology and
evangelism organization.

--Jeremy