[Owasp-leaders] OWASP (free) sponsorship of The IT Summit in Austin, TX

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Tue Jan 6 16:28:02 EST 2009

My take on this is that sponsorship is a stealth word for endorsement
and we should say no in terms of using the logo, etc. I can't see any
objection to other groups wanting to place links to OWASP on their web
site.

From: Casey with The IT Summit <cjy at paramountworldgroup.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Subject: Complimentary Sponsorship at the IT Summit Austin Conference
May 7, 2009
To: jwickett at impactnews.com

James,

I am sorry I was unable to reach you this morning.  I received a request
from John Cox (who sit on our governing body) to contact your
organization and extend you a special invitation to our conference.

The Open Web Application Security Project is invited to sponsor The IT
Summit, at no cost.

The IT Summit is an annual executive technology conference series
visiting eight cities throughout the United States. The purpose of the
conference series is to support education, economic development, and the
proliferation of information technology. Attendees are senior-level IT
executives from government, education, and regional corporations. The
events feature a full day of presentations, networking, and
demonstrations.

We propose to provide the Open Web Application Security Project with
complimentary promotion on the conference website, print work, and
conference guide, and to provide your members with complimentary
admission in exchange for your promotion of the conference to your
people.

Please visit
http://theitsummit.com/events-08/losangeles-california/index.html to
view details from our most recent conference which was produced
along-side Randi Levin the CTO & GM for the City of Los Angeles.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Casey Yarbrough
Senior Sales Executive
(503) 608-4747 Direct
(949) 463-8018 Cell
(530) 618-4747 Fax
www.TheITSummit.com
cjy at paramountworldgroup.com
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.