[Owasp-leaders] OWASP (free) sponsorship of The IT Summit in Austin, TX

Matt Tesauro mtesauro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:41:10 EST 2009

The email below my signature arrived in the inbox of the local Austin
chapter's president earlier today. In it, the conference offers OWASP
"to sponsor The IT Summit, at no cost."

This raised a number of questions for the Austin chapter leadership:

* Is it OK to be a free sponsor of an event like this?
* Has that been done in the past?
* Can the chapter speak for OWASP?
* Any clue what "in exchange for your promotion of the conference to
your people" might mean?  An email to the chapter mail list perhaps?
* Is this something for the Global Conferences Committee?

Since there will be Austin people at this event, it could help the local
chapter grow.  Also, as it is "the ultimate conference series for
top-level executives from the private sector, government, education, and
economic development communities." (their words), OWASP may get a chance
to influence those people who can tell those reporting to them to use
OWASP.  Thoughts?

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Live CD Project Lead