[Owasp-leaders] R: Re: OWASP testing and disclosure levels

daniel cuthbert daniel.cuthbert at owasp.org
Tue Dec 22 10:53:23 EST 2009

Badges, we don't need no stinking badges (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lj056ao6GE)

I love the idea but think there would need to be some serious consideration
when it comes to any business in the UK allowing this. Not forgetting that
amazing bit of legislation that specifies "it is illegal to make a computer
perform a function....." would render most testing attempts illegal.
How would a researcher go about testing the site? Would they first have to
make contact with the site owners and state their intention or would it be
automatically assumed they have permission, if the badge was shown somewhere
on the site?