[Owasp-leaders] OWASP testing and disclosure levels

Mandeep Khera mkhera at owasp.org
Mon Dec 21 16:36:37 EST 2009

Jeff

It's an interesting idea. The question I have is what's in it for the
companies? In other words, if they sign up for full disclosure, how does
that help them? Most of the commercial software vendors like Microsoft,
Oracle, and others want privately disclosed so they have time to fix it.
Analysts like Gartner also talk about Responsible Vulnerability Disclosure
policies. And, does it mean that any one can scan their Web sites using
injection attacks to find vulnerabilities? There are all kinds of issues
associated with that.

Thanks

Mandeep Khera

  _____