[Owasp-leaders] FW: Use of OWASP materials

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Dec 14 21:33:25 EST 2009

Hi,

The OWASP Board contacted Javelin, with a nice message to remind them about
the license associated with OWASP materials. They responded quickly and very
responsibly.

"It has been called to our attention that Javelin released a report in
violation of open standards. The report was pulled from our site immediately
upon notification; we have also instructed re-sellers to pull it
immediately. No funds have been exchanged for this report. We fully support
open standards. At the time, we thought we were actually supporting the
standard by releasing the report."

They understand the license now and may release their report (attached) for
free (and under the CC license. I'm not sure if they've added much value
besides removing the formatting from the T10, but if there is value, it will
be open for us to reuse.

Again, thank you for your help.  Please don't hesitate to alert the Board to
suspected OWASP brand abuse. In several cases, we have successfully turned
potential OWASP abusers into members and contributors.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair

The OWASP Foundation

work: 410-707-1487

main: 301-604-4882

To: jeff.williams at owasp.org
Subject: Use of OWASP materials

Dear Jeff,

Many thanks for your enquiry on the Research and Markets website.

Your question has now been sent to the appropriate member of our Customer
Service Team.  You will receive email notification once your reply has been
prepared.  All efforts will be made to ensure a prompt same day reply to
your question.

You can review your submitted question, before receiving a reply, by
clicking on the link below:

http://www.researchandmarkets.com/view_question.asp?id=JEFMA24956

(If the link above is not active, please copy and paste the full address
into your web browser).

Best Regards,

Customer Service Team
Research and Markets
World's largest market research resource - over 717,000 reports

http://www.researchandmarkets.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

--

- Jim Manico
OWASP ESAPI Project Manager