[Owasp-leaders] Reusing Presentation

Rogan Dawes rogan at dawes.za.net
Tue Dec 8 06:31:43 EST 2009

While the conferences may request/require that the material be
presented using their own templates, that still does not give the
conference the right to MODIFY those presentations, IMO.

My personal feeling is that, while presentations remain the IP of the
presenter, and it would be excessive to REQUIRE that presenters at
e.g. the OWASP conferences make their presentations freely available
in a reusable format such as PPT, where the presenter is a member of
OWASP, and is presenting on an OWASP related topic, it makes sense to
at least REQUEST that the presentation be made available for reuse by
other OWASP members who need to present on the same or a related
topic.

And to be honest, I think we are making too big a deal about this. In
99% of the cases where the presentation may have reuse-value, if you
contact the creator of the presentation and explain your use case, I'm
pretty sure that they will be happy to provide the source of the PDF.

Rogan