[Owasp-leaders] Reusing Presentation

Rex Booth, OWASP rex.booth at owasp.org
Mon Dec 7 19:06:59 EST 2009

I may be alone, but I don't see how this is even an issue.

Presentations are the IP of the presenter. I don't understand how we can
obligate them to provide their content in a format easily copied by
others. The point of providing presentations (as I understand it) is
sharing, not reusing. Yes, the content should be available to all, but
not so they can reconstitute it as they see fit. In that sense, a PDF
works just fine. If they decide to be generous and provide a full ppx,
all the better.

Mark, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a number of our speakers
specifically decline to provide ppx files? If we try to force the issue
as an organization, we may lose potential valuable speakers.

Rex