[Owasp-leaders] LAST CHANCE: 62 Projects Still Need Update by MAY1ST!

Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE, Corporate, consultant) juan.calderon at ge.com
Sun Apr 19 12:32:35 EDT 2009

Hello Jason

Please confirm you receive the survey for
OWASP Spanish
OWASP Internationalization and
OWASP Classic ASP Security Project

Regards,
Juan Carlos Calderon
Application Security Program
Research Leader (Contractor of Softtek)

-----Original Message-----
From: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Jason Li
Sent: Domingo, 19 de Abril de 2009 11:01 a.m.
To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Owasp-leaders] LAST CHANCE: 62 Projects Still Need Update by
MAY1ST!

Leaders,

As you know, the Global Projects Committee has been working on improving
the overall quality of OWASP Projects. To that end, we have requested
all project leaders to complete the following self update
survey:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cEp6TlUxeU5KZDdWQ
kgxYlM2clkwRVE6MA..

So far, 36 of our 98 projects have completed the update. Thank you to
all those projects that have already submitted their update.

The OWASP Board voted and approved last week the GPC plan to evaluate
orphaned projects and either find new owners (if possible) or archive
the projects and REMOVE them from the OWASP projects page.

The GPC can't track down 60+ project owners to try and find out whether
or not they're still planning on maintaining a project.
Therefore, the ONLY way we have to identify orphaned and dead projects
is through this update survey.

The reason we are trying to identify orphaned projects now is so that we
can put them up for adoption during the upcoming season of code.
However, we understand that project owners are busy. The Board and GPC
are giving project owners ONE last chance to fill out a project survey
for their project before FRIDAY MAY 1ST. After that date, we will be
finalizing the list of OWASP projects to be put up for adoption and
those that will be archived and removed from the main OWASP Projects
page.

Here's a list of all the projects that have yet to respond. The list
includes several HIGH PROFILE projects that I'm pretty sure the owners
don't want to be archived. Check the list for your project - or if you
know a project owner on this list, encourage them to fill out the
survey! It only takes a few minutes!

RELEASE QUALITY PROJECTS::
AntiSamy Java Project
AppSec FAQ Project
Code Review Guide
ESAPI Project
Legal Project
Source Code Review for OWASP-Projects
Top Ten Project

BETA QUALITY PROJECTS:
AntiSamy .NET Project
CLASP Project
CSRFGuard Project
Education Project
LAPSE Project
Live CD Education Project
Pantera Web Assessment Studio Project
Report Generator
Site Generator
Sqlibench Project
SQLiX Project
Teachable Static Analysis Workbench Project Tiger Tools Project WeBekci
Project WSFuzzer Project

ALPHA QUALITY PROJECTS:
AIR Security Project
AJAX Security Guide
Applicaiton Security Tool Benchmarking Environment and Site Generator
Refresh Project Best Practices: Use of Web Application Firewalls Book
Cover & Sleeve Design Career Development Project Certification Criteria
Project Communications Project CSRFTester Project Flash Security Project
Fuzzing Code Database Honeycomb Project Insecure Web App Project
JBroFuzz Project Logging Guide Member Packs/Conference Attendee Packs on
The Move Project OpenSign Server Project PHP AntiXSS Library Project PHP
Project Python Static Analysis Project Scholastic Application Security
Assessment Project Security Spending Benchmarks Skavenger Project
Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM) Project Speakers Project
Stinger Project Validation Project Vicnum Project Wapiti Project WASS
Guide Web 2.0 Project Web Application Scanner Specification Project Web
Application Security Put Into Practice WeBekci Project Webslayer Project
XML Security Gateway Evaluation Criteria Yasca Project

OTHER PROJECTS
Interceptor Project

--
Jason Li