[Owasp-leaders] Virtual Conferences?

Bhalla, Nishchal Nish at SECURITYCOMPASS.COM
Thu Apr 16 12:27:24 EDT 2009

Tom,

This is definitely a great idea, esp. with the budget cuts in companies and the economy. It will help generate some additional revenue for OWASP too.

For me personally though, I suspect is the same for a lot of people who are on this list, conferences are more about networking with people in the industry than the talks. Most of the talks at some point or the other end up online and I end up watching them that way.

I wonder if polling the intended attendees of the virtual conference through a surveymonkey survey would help. I imagine the intended attendees are the OWASP chapter attendees who don't get to travel.

Nish.

Experience our unique training style in PCI compliance and Threat Modeling at the RSA conference this April!

Nishchal Bhalla
Founder, Security Compass
http://www.securitycompass.com
1.888.777.2211 ext 101 (Main)
732.614.1020 (Mobile)

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.