[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: [WEB SECURITY] Fwd: hi, need help

Michael Menefee mmenefee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 23:31:51 EST 2008

Dinis,

I agree with you 100%. Having a section of the Wiki dedicated for people who
browse to the OWASP site during the heat of an emergency (maybe for the
first time) looking for answers deserves some attention. I'll take the lead
on this if others would contribute.

Many times it's the basic stuff like web server configuration, so we can
post this information almost immediately....from there, we can branch off
into platform-specific issues, etc. and how to correct the most basic
issues, how to troubleshoot specific systems (where log file are, etc), what
process to work through to secure and rebuild a "hacked" server...this could
be a good section for us to contribute on.

Mike