[Owasp-leaders] Can we be more helpful to job seekers?

Jacob Munson yacoubean at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:00:13 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Stephen Craig Evans <
stephencraig.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do they have to give company name? Why can't it just be a
> description of what they do? An HR person might want to give a gmail
> account and the company might not want to broadcast that they are
> hiring software security people. In my neck of the woods, that
> requirement alone would scare off potential employers.

I can't speak for the people that originally put this jobs page together,
but one possibility for including these requirements is to avoid "spam" from
job recruiters.  I'm sure most of us have run into "jobs" from recruiters
where all of the job info is top secret.  After further investigation, it
turns out the recruiter doesn't even have a job lined up, but he is just
trying to get more professionals into his database for future jobs.
Requiring a company name and contact info is one way to avoid these junk job
postings.