[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-webscarab] OWASP Proxy

Rogan Dawes lists at dawes.za.net
Sun Dec 14 06:10:43 EST 2008

Stephen de Vries wrote:

> Out of interest, will it be easy to strip out just the http client
> implementation from the OWASP Proxy library?  IMO, this could be very
> useful as the Apache HttpClient is really the only viable library
> available at the moment.  It would be nice to have an alternative that's
> more literal and doesn't try to fix requests.
>
> Stephen

To be honest, it would be more effort than it is worth to separate the
proxy from the httpclient. There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone
from using the built-in http client from the OWASP Proxy jar, the
classes are all public, and I'm quite happy to document them :-)

Maintaining them as separate projects would just be tedious, though.

Rogan