[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Proxy

Daniel Cuthbert daniel.cuthbert at owasp.org
Sun Dec 14 02:09:30 EST 2008

Nam,

Rogan is responsible for Scarab as well. The issue we find when
testing is that common proxies, such as squid etc, often mangle the
traffic passing through it. Often we don't want this to happen, so
Rogan put his skills to use and created this proxy.

An ideal situation would be when testing has to be performed from a
central location, like

[tester]
[tester]
[tester]
[tester] ---> [central OWASP proxy] ---> target
[tester]
[tester]
[tester]

This way, each tester can use their own choice of proxy, but have the
knowledge that their requests are not being changed by the central
proxy.