[Owasp-leaders] Can we be more helpful to job seekers?

Mike Boberski mike.boberski at cox.net
Sat Dec 13 14:26:59 EST 2008

Brandi, I empathize with your frustration, having been on both sides of the
layoff table.

Folks, I propose that the OWASP Jobs page be updated as follows:

Proposed change #1:

Replace the text of bullet "All job postings MUST include the actual company
name and direct contact information of employeer" with "All job postings
MUST include the actual company name and directions how to contact the
employeer". This will allow employers to provide URLs of their online job
web sites, which are typically required to submit an application for
employment.

Proposed change #2:

Add a new bullet under "Submission template example" that reads "Software
assurance engineer job description examples". Then, link "examples" to
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/How_to_write_verifier_job_requisitions It is
a new article that I wrote a moment ago for this purpose to address concerns
expressed below.

Proposed change #3:

Replace "OWASP Member Company Jobs Page1" placeholder pages' text with two
new sections something like "New Job Listings" and "Member Company Job
Listings". Under the first section, I'd simply say if there are no new ones:
"Please see member company job listings below". Then, under the second
section, list corporate members' job sites, e.g.
http://www.boozallen.com/careers

I'll add additional related articles such as how to adjust one's resume to
market verification skills as I'm able.

Thanks,

Mike

  _____