[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Podcast Series

Jim Manico jim.manico at aspectsecurity.com
Sat Dec 13 14:09:30 EST 2008

James,

	I have been a fan of your blog and writings for some time, and I
feel that you would be a great addition to the OWASP podcast series.
Perhaps we can talk offline regarding scheduling you in for podcast #5.

	By the same token, I'm a little taken aback by your comments
below. I feel there are plenty of other speakers besides yourself who
can bring an Enterprise perspective to application security, and it's my
intention to include them in the series.

	But I do agree with you 100% - we need more than just
consultants and vendors and I will try to move in that direction as the
series matures.

	Here is where I'm at so far with scheduling.

	#1 - Jeff Williams, Arshan and J Grossman (done, Nov 21)
	#2 - TSSCI (Andre and Marcin) (probably will be an anti-WAF
talk) (end December)
	#3 - I'm hoping to find someone who supports WAF technology, to
balance out the bloodbath that will be #2 :) (1st week January)
	#4 - Marco Morana (OWASP as an international organization) (2nd
week January)
	#5 - Hopefully, the illustrious James McGovern regarding
Enterprise-wide AppSec issues (hopefully, 3rd week in January)
	#6 - I'm hoping to land Michal Zalewski regarding
http://browsersec.googlecode.com (4th week in January)
	#7 - TBD

	As you all are as well, I'm a very busy lad. The effort to
schedule, record and produce this podcast series is significant and I am
doing this for the glory of OWASP (not the glory of Aspect). In the
spirit of the Java Posse, if someone would like to participate, it's
just a matter of scheduling.

	Please note, the only reason that I am the host is because I
have drawn my sword and am charging up the hill. If anyone wishes to
join me in the charge (ie: record + take on the host roll, help
schedule, help produce to podcast) I am very open to concrete real-world
assistance.

	I am also hoping to start each podcast with a brief 10 minute
AppSec news section, fyi. Perhaps someone could take on that small
segment, record on their own, and send me the file weekly to include in
the podcast? It's very easy to record just a single onsite voice with
good quality.

	Anyhow, I am truly doing my best to be of service to the OWASP
community. If I am off the mark, let me know.

	- Jim

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.