[Owasp-leaders] 60/40 Membership Drive @ OWASP

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Wed Dec 10 10:05:31 EST 2008

There are some aspects of ISSA that don't translate well. Membership
there is used to gain access to meetings. If we were to borrow the
concept, then I could folks becoming a member of the chapter that has
the cheapest while ignoring the larger groups. For example, it would be
cheaper for me to become a member in say Vietnam than NYC.

I think a discussion is in order more about the human aspects which we
aren't really addressing. For example, there are some coworkers that
have traveled to user groups out of state, after work and never bothered
to expense the mileage or gas figuring it was for their professional
development, while other coworkers would go to the trouble of expensing
the price of a hot dog even if it required ten executive signatures.
Let's drill into how the later thinks as this will get us closer to our
goal.