[Owasp-leaders] 60/40 Membership Drive @ OWASP

Mandeep Khera mkhera at owasp.org
Mon Dec 8 12:48:29 EST 2008

Jeff

I know you and I have had conversations on this topic before. You were very
clear about the mission and the openness of the organization. I like the
public radio/TV concept. I think if we know this is our goal, it'll be very
hard to have concrete goals around increasing the "paid" membership. I have
been pitching in our meetings and explaining the benefits, goodwill etc.
etc. but most people don't find those benefits a strong incentive to become
a paid member. May be we can try to sweeten the pot and offer more gifts
that can be sponsored (like the public radio model) and bigger discounts to
attend the annual conference to encourage  more people to become members.

Thanks

Mandeep Khera
Chief Marketing Officer
Cenzic, Inc.
 <blocked::http://www.cenzic.com/> www.cenzic.com | (866) 423-6942
455 El Camino Real, Ste. 100
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone: (408) 200-0712
Email:  mandeep at cenzic.com
Fax: (408) 200-0701

#1 in Enterprise Web Application Vulnerability Assessment and Risk
Management
SC Magazine Best Buy
http://www.cenzic.com/downloads/pdf/SC_magazine_04-2008.pdf
Gartner Video: Web App Security