[Owasp-leaders] 60/40 Membership Drive @ OWASP

Jim Manico jim.manico at aspectsecurity.com
Mon Dec 8 11:06:21 EST 2008

Ø  How do other people on the list respond to this?

Like any sales process, I feel we just need to focus on the benefits and defocus on the negatives. This is a sales process/question - we are trying to sell memberships! J

So perhaps (just reframing what Jeff said below, and stripping out the negatives):

Ø  There are significant benefits for members, such as discounts on some of the world's most effective and useful Application Security conferences.

Ø  100% of membership money goes towards application security projects that are in line with the OWASP mission of creating free and open application security tools.

Ø  Your membership dollars will directly facilitate in creating a world where software isn't ridiculously vulnerable.

-          Jim