[Owasp-leaders] FTC and DISA reference OWASP? Where?

Booth, Rex Rex.Booth at GT.com
Sun Dec 7 20:18:30 EST 2008

Ha!  Wise guy...  I know where to find the stigs, but apparently I opened the wrong one.

The Web Checklist Generic Version 6 Release 1.6<http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/checklist/web_srr_checklist_generic_v6r1-6.zip> and ctrl-F'd for OWASP and "project" and found nothing, but the Application Security and Development Checklist<http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/checklist/application_security_and_development_checklist_v2_r1_final_24_jul_2008.doc> has several references.  Thanks for helping me refocus my efforts...

One down, one to go.  Anybody know about the FTC reference?

Thanks,
Rex

Rex Booth, CISSP, PMP
Manager
Global Public Sector
Grant Thornton LLP

________________________________
From: Thomas Ryan [mailto:tom.ryan at providesecurity.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:08 PM
To: Booth, Rex; owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Subject: RE: [Owasp-leaders] FTC and DISA reference OWASP? Where?

Rex,

Google and you shall find :)
http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/checklist/index.html
Application Security and Development Checklist<http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/checklist/application_security_and_development_checklist_v2_r1_final_24_jul_2008.doc>

Tom Ryan

From: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Booth, Rex
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 5:34 PM
To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

Friends,

I've seen a number of presentations state that both DISA and the FTC reference OWASP, but I'm unable to find the source of such statements.  Can anybody point me to a DISA or FTC resource that references OWASP?

Thanks,
Rex

Rex Booth, CISSP, PMP
Manager
Global Public Sector
Grant Thornton LLP

The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.
In the U.S., visit Grant Thornton LLP at http://www.grantthornton.com/.

In accordance with applicable professional regulations, please understand that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any written advice contained in, forwarded with, or attached to this e-mail is not intended or written by Grant Thornton LLP to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code.
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.