[Owasp-leaders] Let's not lose Sarah Baso too (22.5k USD needed)

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou conpap at di.uoa.gr
Thu Apr 8 21:54:33 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Tobias <tobias.gondrom at owasp.org> wrote:

> From that point of view, if a candidate would
> be related to OWASP leaders in any way should actually rather be seen as a
> disadvantage instead of an advantage, as it could cast doubt by outsiders on
> our ability to conduct a professional and fair selection process.

I understand the concerns raised by everyone on this thread but I'll
have to disagree with the above statement. Someone related (somehow)
to an OWASP leader is much more likely to understand and embrace the
spirit of OWASP and how we work than anyone else. Sarah is a living
example.
If I had to interview people for OWASP I feel that -even
subconsciously- I'd be in favor of someone that was somehow already
affiliated with OWASP.
So that's a big + for me.

Kostas