[Owasp-leaders] Let's not lose Sarah Baso too (22.5k USD needed)

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Tue Apr 6 01:45:11 EDT 2004

No personal offence....and sorry if I am the rude German, but what is this
discussion about?

               Sarah is a OWASP contractor, hired on a hourly basis.

Yes, I do aprechiate what Sarah does, but if we are talking business, we
have to consider a lot more and be aware of an open and transparent process!
We are a Open community. If we are hiring, we should to this on a fair
process and basis. Right?

I do not understand those emotional emails when it comes to business! Sorry
Dinis, but I do not appreciate those panic emails!
Making things more complicated, are we as non-profit organisation allowed to
hire Sarah, as she is a friend to many and her husband being a chapter
leader?
..we have made errors on that before, by hiring Dinis' wife and friends of
Dinis for the OWASP summit.
This is in the past and I will not discus the way this has happen, but we do
not want to have conflicting interests again.
So, anyone can give us legal advice on this?

Anyhow...
We need a clear statement of the tasks, estimate work load (is there enough
for a full FTE?) and then go from there!
As far as I know, Sarah and Kate where discussing on what tasks Sarah can
support Kate.
If we do need a FTE for tasks, currently performed by Sarah, we should see a
open process to hire a FTE. This, as she has the OWASP and task experience,
would be most likely Sarah, but is not bound to Sarah.

This matter should be discussed by those who steering OWASP, the Foundation
Board and committees!

Cheers,
-Martin