[OWASP-LEADERS] RE: License question

Mark Curphey mark at curphey.com
Sun Nov 30 21:17:02 EST 2003

I think it seems sensible to use the LGPL for oPortal and the .NET stuff
Dinis is about to release. Does anyone have any objections ? If so please
speak up in the next 24 hours.

Does anyone know if you can reassign GPL to LGPL if we wanted to
(hypothetical question only )

  From: Aral Balkan
  [mailto:aral at bitsandpixels.co.uk] Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003
  5:54 AMTo: owasp at owasp.org

  Hi,

  I believe
  I have a firm grasp of the GPL license as it pertains to software itself,
  however in this case, if we were to use oPortal, could custom portlets
that we
  create have to be released under GPL? Would a site that uses oPortal come
  under GPL?

  Thanks,
  Aral
  --  ___(  Aral Balkan
  )_____________________________________________
Managing
  Director.. Bits & Pixels     :
  www.BitsAndPixels.co.uk        Dir.
  Ed. Content... Ultrashock        :
  www.Ultrashock.com
  Author............. Friends of ED     :
  www.FriendsOfEd.com
  Macromedia DevNet :
www.macromedia.com/devnet  Director........... London
  MMUG       :
  www.mmug.co.uk

Important Notice: This email is subject to important restrictions,
qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that must be accessed and
read by clicking here or by copying and pasting the following address into
your Internet browser's address bar:
http://www.Deloitte.co.za/Disc.htm. The Disclaimer is deemed to form part of
the content of this email in terms of Section 11 of the Electronic
Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002. If you cannot access the
Disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to
ClientServiceCentre at Deloitte.co.za.