[OWASP-LEADERS] Licensing for Filters / OCL

Gabriel Lawrence gabe at landq.org
Tue Jun 24 13:10:21 EDT 2003

Well... I think this makes for an interesting question. Can we iron out
what a commercial license might look like?

Otherwise I generally like things like the LGPL much better and here's
why. It forces improvements to be given back - and it allows companies
to use the software improve it and continue to make money off their core
product.

I see the point to using things like GPL in cases where extending or
using the library isn't the end goal. So, I like GPL for applications
and LGPL for libraries.

-gabe

ingo at ingostruck.de
Use PGP: http://ingostruck.de/ingostruck.gpg with fingerprint
C700 9951 E759 1594 0807  5BBF 8508 AF92 19AA 3D24