[OWASP-LEADERS] Re-introductions and a few things......

Michael Schmuhl michael at schmuhl.org
Wed Jan 15 13:06:26 EST 2003

Man -- where's my resume?

I'm Michael Schmuhl, and I'll be brief.  c/c++, java, perl, linux, bsd,
....  My editor/IDE of choice is emacs.  I'm an OSS/FSF junkie who only
uses winders when forced to (like for visio).  I've been writing web
apps since about '97.  My undergraduate work is 7+ years and growing --
that's what a wife and three kids will do for you.

My professional background is pretty evenly split between systems
architecture and software development.  My favorite job title ever was
Head Ninja.  Ah, those were the days...  I'm currently responsible for
software security at a large financial institution in the western US.

I've been an OWASP fan for about a year, and have used the Guide as a
guide (!) to train internal developers.  I'm currently working on the
Encyclopedia (ASAC), but not because I enjoy it.  It's tedious, and it
is a constant reminder of why I'm not a tech writer.  I am, however,
convinced of the need for it, and when Mark suggested that the ASAC
would slip out of existence, I hopped on to make sure that didn't happen.

<OWASP praise> <lamentations on the lack of more free time>

I agree with Dave's suggestions for more coordination/communication.  If
the Encyclopedia's not deeply connected with the Guide and VulnXML (at
least), it really loses value. </sidebar>  I'll expand on the idea, too,
and suggest that we slate a get-together at some conference this year
for all who can make it.