[OWASP-LEADERS] Re-introductions and a few things......

Alex Russell alex at netWindows.org
Tue Jan 14 19:52:14 EST 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 17:11, Mark Curphey wrote:
> In the meantime I wonder if everyone on this list can re-introduce
> themselves.

OK, I'll take the first shot at it (since I was the one that prompted this):

I'm Alex Russell. My work with OWASP is primarily with the Guide and Filters
projects, both of which I have management and development roles in.

My background as a web developer streteches back into the nether years of
the web ('97), and I've been developing Open Source software since early
2000. Since then, I've served as a President of a Linux Users Group, and
I'm currently employed by a very Linux-friendly managed security firm
(SecurePipe Inc) as a web application developer. I'm also the primary
author and project lead for the netWindows DHTML API project
(http://netWindows.org).

My interest in security does not date back quite so far, but since I first
realized my interest in figuring out how things break (and keeping them
from doing so in the future), I've been fortunate enough to be involved in
everything from incident classification and taxonomies to smart cards and
mobile devices, and eventually OWASP.

As for OWASP moving foward, my focus is going to be on quality (we've got
quantity to spare), making sure that the projects I work on turn out
products that I think deserve the OWASP name that Mark and Dave have worked
so hard to build.

--
Alex Russell
alex at netWindows.org