[OWASP-LEADERS] Copyright fun again

Jeff Williams @ Aspect jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
Fri Feb 28 07:31:54 EST 2003

Assuming that it was released with an Apache style license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apachepl.php), then Dave is allowed to modify and release a closed version commercially.  His only obligations are related to credit to OWASP.  Specifically, he must...

 -  retain the copyright notice and license in source and documentation
 - not use the word OWASP to endorse or promote product

I think it is reasonable to ask him to live up to this agreement.  This is a 4th option that Mark didn't list.  If he wants to change that agreement, then perhaps it's reasonable to ask him to pay something for a commercial license.

--Jeff