[OWASP-LEADERS] CVS-ACL's

Alex Russell alex at securepipe.com
Mon Feb 24 17:25:26 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Ingo Struck wrote:

> Hi...
>
> > https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=772&group_id=1
> As for the syncmail feature you should ask Alex,
> since he already set up this feature for the filters subproject.

Just let me know if you'd like it enabled for your project and provide
me with a mailing list address with an @sourceforge.net address and I'll
get it setup.

> As for the acl, I wouldn't use this "feature", since it leaves enough
> holes for "semi-priviliged" users to mess up the CVS.
> That said I would simply control access to the CVS repository by the
> sourceforge project member's list. Who is listed there should be trusted
> enough not to mess up the stuff there.
>
> BTW do we have any backup concept / possibilities for our CVS repository?
> I would have much more docile sleep if I knew that we are making some regular
> external copies. :o)

Ingo, you're an admin, so you can fetch a CVS backup at any time.

1.) login to SourceForge
2.) got to the project page and click on "Admin" at the top
3.) click the link labeled "Download Your Nightly CVS Tree Tarball"

that'll give you a snapshot what the CVS repository (the whole thing, in
RCS file format) looked like last night.

HTH.

--
Alex Russell
alex at SecurePipe.com