[OWASP-LEADERS] Sanctums Patent

Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg) rdawes at deloitte.co.za
Mon Dec 1 01:23:48 EST 2003

I guess the first question is:

Does Sanctum's US patent affect other countries?

At this point, 99.99% of WebScarab's development is occuring either in South
Africa, and soon to be Czech Republic. Do I have to care about this?

Realising that OWASP is largely based in the US, it may be necessary for
OWASP to "disown" WebScarab as a project under the banner, but there may be
nothing to stop the development and distribution of WebScarab from going
ahead regardless.

Do we have any international patent lawyers on this list? ;-)

Rogan

Important Notice: This email is subject to important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") that must be accessed and read by clicking here or by copying and pasting the following address into your Internet browser's address bar: http://www.Deloitte.co.za/Disc.htm. The Disclaimer is deemed to form part of the content of this email in terms of Section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002. If you cannot access the Disclaimer, please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to ClientServiceCentre at Deloitte.co.za.