[OWASP-LEADERS] Food for thought - Web Browser compatibility

David Raphael david.raphael at ceterum.net
Wed Apr 9 13:32:09 EDT 2003

I agree,

However there are a couple of situations a commonly find myself in:

1.  On old Sun Box - Solaris 8 still runs Netscape 4.7x as its default
Web Browser - and most administrators don't change this.

2.  Corporate Restrictions - I know at Ericsson we are still declaring
IE 4.0 as the Standard!  there is now reason why other Corporations
aren't doing this.

I have decided that the Portal will support Netscape only as a degraded
browser.  This isn't too hard because we've focused on structuring our
HTML very carefully ;)  And based on Ingo's recommendations I've been
able to make a lot of headway on this anyway.

The look and feel of the portal will target modern browsers only here
is a
list:

Netscape 6+
Internet Explorer 5+