[OWASP-LEADERS] Food for thought - Web Browser compatibility

David Raphael david.raphael at ceterum.net
Tue Apr 8 12:47:55 EDT 2003

Well I agree with you about NS4 being damned - It is a worthless
browser and we should not feed companies products that encourage
support.

However, do you support 90%? or 100%?  I am leaning towards 100%.  I am
just imagining how many Sun Workstations are running Netscape 4.xx.
and those are J2EE developers that are going to be very unhappy with no
NS4 support.

So far I am testing with the following browsers:

PASSED:
Internet Explorer for Windows 5.5
Internet Explorer for Windows 6.0
Internet Explorer for Mac 5.0
Netscape 6.0-7.0
Mozilla .99-1.4a

FAILED:
Netscape 4.XX

We can support NS4.  But the question is should we?

/D