[Owasp-kansascity] OWASP paid membership pitch ( Fwd: Support OWASP Foundation Win $500 )

Mat Caughron caughron at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:16:25 EDT 2011

OWASP K.C.:

This is a great reminder to renew your OWASP membership or begin one if you
haven't considered doing so.
  Doing so before May 12 gets you entry into the drawing noted in the
LinkedIn announcement below.

ISACA and ISC2 are now charging well above $100 per year, and the value I
get out of OWASP is easily at par with those credentialing organizations.

The Kansas City chapter has historically had very low membership (as in 5
people or less.)  It's actually kind of embarrassing, but we also don't want
to be pushy about membership dues.  The local meetings will continue to be
free, no cost for members or guests, everyone welcome to attend.

How to become an individual member?  What do you get by being a member?
 Easy.  Hit this Membership link, and click on the orange "donate now"
button.

      https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership

OWASP has a track record of making a difference in software security, not
just standing around pointing at the problem: this is a good cause.

The membership is worth $50.

Cheers,

Mat Caughron
volunteer Kansas City OWASP chapter lead