[Owasp-kansascity] Flash shared objects

Ferguson, David (Kansas City) Dave.Ferguson at fishnetsecurity.com
Fri Jan 12 12:08:37 EST 2007

Well I downloaded the SolVE tool and used it to browse some shared objects (.sol files) on my
computer.  Unfortunately, it errored out on some of them, including my Bank of America file (the tool
probably needs to be updated since it is from 2004).  The BoA file is called PassMark.sol.  From Ed's
email, I believe that is where BoA stores info to know whether or not you've accessed their site from
a particular computer.  Interestingly, Vanguard recently adopted the same SiteKey functionality and I
see a file called PassMark.sol for them too.
(Hmm, I guess I just admitted I have BoA and Vanguard accounts.  That's okay - I'm protected by
SiteKey!)