[Owasp-iso17799] component deliverables

Rich Seiersen rich67dev at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:39:48 EDT 2003

Mark,
Sounds good - send over the docs for my review.

I have read all SANS  docs as of today, and think we can do much better in
terms of what actually (technically) needs to occur in creating a web
application security standard that meets the generalties of an ISO 17799
style audit.

As of ISO 2000, PDCA has been adopted (Plan Do Check Act), which comes from
Demming style quality.   This is impacting all ISO, and of course is in
17799 and BS section 2 from what I can tell.  I see an opportunity to apply
not only the generalities of 7799, but even more so, PDCA to
developing,deploying and maintaing secure web environments.  Of particular
interest is metrics and the measurement of improvement.  In my writing, I
will try to show how PDCA will impact the whole concept of secure web
application design and development.

In terms of what I would like to take a first shot at, I willl take
'Operation Issues'.  Its something I have been dealing with on my current
project.  I will create an outline that expands on what Mark has already put
in, and then I will get that to you both to review.  Any recommended reading
on this area Mark (or Sam)?

Richard Seiersen
rich67dev at hotmail.com